WE WILL TRAVEL TO YOU | AVAILABLE 24/7 - phone and video consultations
Powerful Results from a Proven Trial Criminal Defense Lawyer When you are ready to talk, we are here to listen. Get in touch to discuss your criminal matter.

Petition to Seal Your Criminal Record

Criminal Defense Lawyer in Quincy, MA

If you have a criminal record that you want to seal, you first need to file a petition. Depending on whether you were convicted of the criminal offense you were charged with, you may have to wait a before you can file the petition to seal your record.

If you were convicted of a:

  • Felony, you will have to wait a minimum of 10 years after serving any prison or jail time, or after you were found guilty – whichever is later.
  • Misdemeanor, you will have to wait a minimum of 5 years after serving any prison or jail time, or after you were found guilty – whichever is later.

However, if you were not convicted of a crime, you will not have to wait in order to file a petition to seal your criminal record. You may ask the court where the matter was originally handled to request a petition to seal your record.

You may only do so if the outcome of your case was a:

  • Dismissal with no probationary terms entered by the court
  • Failure to indict determined by a grand jury
  • Finding of no probable cause by the court
  • Not guilty finding by a jury or court
  • Nolle prosequi

The process, laws, and paperwork involved in sealing a criminal record are confusing and complex. You need experienced representation to help guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and fight for the results you need.

Providing Strong Representation Since 2003

At Flanagan & Associates, our criminal defense attorney in Quincy is highly skilled in handling petitions to seal criminal records. Backed by more than 15 years of experience, he has a comprehensive understanding of this area of law and can help you make well-informed decisions about your future.

Regardless of how difficult your situation may seem, our legal team has the skill set needed to help you resolve it today. We will keep you fully updated on the status of your case at all times and stay in constant communication with your throughout the process. You can trust us to provide the caring and capable representation you deserve.

Call Flanagan & Associates today at (781) 808-3346 or contact us online to learn more about how our attorney can help you with sealing your criminal record. We serve clients across Quincy, Weymouth, Hingham, Plymouth, Brockton, and the surrounding areas.